This app seamlessly connects to your Calibre Library and shows up as a connected device on Calibre. If Auto-Connect option is enabled, your device will attempt to connect to the Calibre Library when it is within the home Wi-Fi network. This allows Calibre to automatically update your device with the latest newspaper or magazines you have scheduled for download!
Frequently Given Answers
1. You need to have a reader application installed on the device (such as Aldiko or CoolReader) in order to view the files.
2. If the app seems to “sit there and do nothing”, it is likely that your Calibre Library hasn’t been configured to allow Wireless Device connections OR that you have a firewall preventing it from doing so. Make sure the Content Server and Wireless Device Server are enabled in your main Calibre Application
Please ensure that your firewall allows both ports (as shown above) to accept connections and you also need to open one of the following ports for discovery to work:
54982, 48123, 39001, 44044, 59678
3. Kindle for Android only opens PDF files called from outside their app. Still working on a hack which can make integration with that app easier.
4. For integration with Nook Simple Touch’s Calibre plug-in, set the Root Folder to “My Files/“
5. If you have Books on your Calibre Sync (i.e, books downloaded from outside of Calibre Sync into the Calibre Sync root folder), they will NOT be automatically transferred to the Calibre Library itself. You need to manually add this from Calibre using the Devices page.
UPCOMING Version 1.1.3 (Nov/Dec 2013):
- Ability to add IP addresses manually
- Search function for Calibre Library
- Better Calibre Library Support
- Permissions update to include VIBRATE for Nook Simple Touch compatibility.
- Add compatibility with Android 3.x and Android 2.x UI
- Version 1.1.1:
- UI tweaks to Connection Tab to make server discovery process more informative.
- Fix to prevent crashes when attempting to open books which are not supported by any reader.
Added ability to browse OPDS Library on Calibre Fixed reported bug on external books not showing up in Device Library