e: firstname.lastname@example.org | t: +44-7578-988-882 | w: sengjea.net
University College of London, 09/2013 – 09/2014
Masters of Science (Networked Computer Systems)
- Topics of study include Networked Systems, Distributed Systems, Multimedia Systems, Mobile and Cloud Computing, and Database Systems.
- On track to complete the program in September 2014.
National University of Singapore, 08/2006 – 07/2010
Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering)
Second Class (Upper) Honours
- Specialised in RF Systems and Wireless Communication. Relevant courses include RF Communications, High Frequency Techniques, and Microwave Theory and Techniques, Digital Signal Processing.
- Designed a TinyOS 2.x Bluetooth Stack for use on an embedded system, the BTNode, and programmed a proof-of-concept application which utilises RSSI information to determine the presence of other devices within a vicinity.
- Awarded the University Scholars Programme Honour Roll for meritorious academic performance, active engagement in beyond-the-classroom learning, and significant contributions to the USP community.
- Enrolled in an exchange programme for a semester in Finland with Helsinki University of Technology in 01/2009.
DevOps Engineer, Trainline, 09/2016 -
Software Engineer, BT, 09/2014 - 09/2016
- Work in an Agile team that practices pair programming, code reviews, test driven development, and continuous integration.
- Develop BT’s Future Voice API using Camel, Spring, Hibernate, and node.js. This includes experience in using ActiveMQ as a messaging bus across various systems.
- Develop the deployment framework for BT’s Future Voice API using Bash. This includes automating the configuration of various applications to daemonizing Java applications for Unix.
- Create and maintain Virtual Machines within VMware ESXi and Virtualbox for developers.
- Delivered the Android version of the new UI for BT SmartTalk.
- Wrote automated behavioural tests (in Cucumber) for Android apps using Calabash.
- Deployed and maintain Jenkins for continuous integration. Configured new builds and automatic retest.
Product Engineer, Micron Semiconductor Inc, 09/2010 - 09/2012
- Part of the team responsible for new product start-up and yield improvement.
- Performed EFA on parts using Advantest ATE and in-house bench tools to identify design marginalities and provide suggestions for design improvement.
- Monitored excursions and conversions by Fab and Assembly.
- Written Perl/Python programs to simplify and automate data extraction and part handling.
Library Assistant, NUS Central Library, 08/2009 – 03/2010
- Assisted library users to locate books as well as issued books which they have reserved.
- Demonstrated the use of AV equipment to library users.
- Sorted library books according to the US Library of Congress call numbers.
IT Intern, Knowledge Universe Singapore, 12/2007
- Planned and configured computer networks at company premises.
- Managed the transition of PABX telephone and network systems to newer premises.
- Created backup copies of hard-drives for computer cloning.
Assistant Technician, Comptry Malaysia, 01/2006 - 03/2006
- Troubleshoot and fixed computers for customers, configured computer networks for small offices and homes.
- Programmed PHP scripts to extract data from the Internet and compile them into an eBook.
- Filed invoices, receipts and purchase orders.
Android Developer, Calibre Sync, 01/2013 -
- Developed an app that facilitates file transfer from Calibre to a mobile device over Wi-Fi. Calibre is an e-book management application. Newspapers that have been scheduled for download on Calibre would be automatically transferred to the mobile device once it enters the same Wi-Fi network as the Calibre.
- App currently has over 15,000 active users and an average rating of 4 stars out of more than 200 reviews.
Technology Director, Start-Up@Singapore, 08/2007 - 07/2008
- Created a PHP-based event-management portal for registration which manages user registration, attendance and correspondence. Portal automates the process of sending emails to users about future events.
- Redesigned the existing online judging system to fit into the newer competition structure.
- Consulted with the marketing department for a common design to be used for the website and marketing materials and implemented the web-designs as a theme on Drupal, a content management system.
- Co-ordinated the update of the website with various departments within the organisation.
Webmaster, La Salle Secondary School, 01/2003 - 12/2005
- Implemented Drupal and designed a theme for the website.
- Wrote extensive documentation aimed at teachers and future students on how to maintain and update the website.
- Administrated the shared Linux web server using CpanelX.